Monday, January 25, 2010

Where To Begin?

I really don't know where to start. Last Saturday I went to the Regional Meeting Mona-vie held in Anaheim and what I expected was information to help me grow my business, encouraging words to help me become even more enthusiastic than I already am about what I do for a living(Didn't think being more excited was possible.), and connecting with other people in the business. That's what I expected. What I got was something very different.

I am not going to tell you everything that happened or that touched me Saturday. First of all it wouldn't be the right thing to do as my goal here is not to turn this blog into a commercial, but to offer hope to everyone free of recruiting or any salesmanship and secondly, I don't think I can state the things that happened at that meeting and give them justice in the printed word. What I am going to offer you is hope from what I experienced.

I saw a 30 year old woman that should not be alive today, that has defied the odds not only to still be breathing but to have the courage to have given birth to a perfectly healthy son, beating all the odds against her. I saw normal people like you and me that mustered up enough belief in themselves to turn their financially crippled existence into unbelievable wealth. I saw a man receive a $2,000,000 bonus check and remains humble before the Lord and gives thanks instead of braging about what he is/does. I saw a 13 year old girl from Brazil that attends a school that we help pay for come to Anaheim and have the courage to seize her moment and fulfil one of her dreams by singing to a crowd with literally thousands of people.

This weekend I saw people with real hope and felt not only hopeful for me but for eveyone that attended this event, and for you. I watched amazing courage. I cried more tears than anytime that I can remember, and prayed and did all of things with my wife, close friends, acquaintances, and some folks I will never really get to know. This all came to pass in one building in a span of 8 hours and the subsequent bus ride back home and I can state to you unequivocally I am a better person for it. The Lord blessed me this weekend and helped me to learn more about myself than I knew and I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think. I look forward to your input.