Sunday, January 17, 2010

I Have A Dream!

I am overwhelmed! I had 17 new visitors to this blog on it's first day. I am pretty tickled that I would have that many friends that would humor me that way. I guess now to have them return I will actually have to give them some substance. Oh my.

My goal is to bring a little hope each day for those brave enough to want to improve their lives. I don't really expect to say anything too profound but hopefully we can help each other by creating a positive belief system that fosters hope.

Monday is Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday. This man was someone that knew how to dream. He had hope for a better life for his family, race, and all peoples. He had such hope for his dreams that he died for them. Today we live in a better place because this man and people like him were willing to be vocal about what they believe in, dream about, and hope for.

Eighteen days into 2010 have you taken the time to actually sit down and write what you are hopeful for this coming year? Have you put together a Dream or Vision board that is a constant reminder of what you want out of life? Take time to get in touch with what you want. Only by doing this can you have hope, because without knowing where you are going can you hope to get there.

Every 3 months Joyce and I redo our goals and by doing this we have fresh in our minds what we are working towards and hoping for in our future. This works, really. Try it and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Until tomorrow have a hopeful and prosperous day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for talking about the very important subject of hope.

    We need more of it in the world, and I look forward to your thoughts on how we stay connect to it.

    Blessings,
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think. I look forward to your input.